Saturday, December 9, 2023

BSO/Classical New England — 2023/12/09

My cruise prevented me from posting on November 18; my cancelled flight home and the fonsequent delay of one day kept me from saying anything on the 25th. I don't remember why I didn't put anything up last week, but finally I'm back and ready to go. Meanwhile, I hope you found the concerts without a push from me.

Now the Symphony is on hiatus while "Holiday Pops" graces Symphony Hall. We get an encore broadcast  from last winter. Here's the blurb from WCRB:

Saturday, December 9th, 2023
8:00pm

In an encore broadcast, pianist Jean-Yves Thibaudet joins the Boston Symphony for Saint-Saëns’s virtuosic Egyptian Concerto, and Israeli conductor Lahav Shani leads the BSO in his Symphony Hall debut with Prokofiev’s Classical Symphony and Rachmaninoff’s dazzling Symphonic Dances.

Lahav Shani, conductor
Jean-Yves Thibaudet, piano

Sergei PROKOFIEV Symphony No. 1, Classical
Camille SAINT-SAËNS Piano Concerto No. 5, Egyptian
Sergei RACHMANINOFF Symphonic Dances

This concert was originally broadcasted on February 18th, 2023 and is no longer available on demand.

Hear a preview of Saint-Saëns's Piano Concerto No. 5 with Jean-Yves Thibaudet with the audio player above, and read the transcript below:

INTERVIEW TRANSCRIPT:

Brian McCreath I'm Brian McCreath at Sy

(The past participle of broadcast is broadcast, not "broadcasted." What's the matter with kids these days?)

I posted about it back then, and I expect the links there to work now. It looks as if I neglected to post a link to the BSO's performance detail page.Here it is, with the usual links.

This should be enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment