Friday, March 27, 2009

BSO — 2009/03/26-28

Again I'm late with the announcement of this week's BSO concert.

They're giving
Ravel's Mother Goose Suite
Prokofiev's Second Violin Concerto, with Lisa Batiashvili as the soloist
and after intermission
Stravinsky's ballet Petrushka (1911 version).

The conductor is Charles Dutoit.

I was there Thursday evening (only because it was part of my subscription series — none of it excites me) and I thought it was well played. But what do I know?

The Boston Globe's reviewer liked it.

The WGBH stream will begin in less than an hour and a half from the time I post this, and on Saturday at 8:00 Eastern Daylight Time, WCRB will stream it.

2 comments:

  1. Mirrorboy's guide to hyperlinking. :)

    1. Copy the address you want to link to. eg. 'http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles ... sky_ravel/' Although in this case, the address doesn't actually work XD

    2. Go to your blog post. Highlight the words that you want to act as the link. eg. 'Boston Globe's reviewer'

    3. Click the button in the toolbar that looks like a green circle with 2 links of a chain at the top left. (It's between the text colour and the text alignment.)

    4. Post the web address you want to link to in the box that pops up, and click OK.

    5. You can click preview to test the link if you want.

    6. If you still can't figure it out, send me an email and i'll show you how to do it with some picture guides. :)

    Hyperlinking unclutters the post and makes it easier for people to understand, and to follow the links. You can also do it in the sidebar.

    It's really easy once you figure it out.

    lovehugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It works!

    IT WORKS!

    Thanks so very much, Mirrorboy. If I had realized it was that easy, I'd have looked it up myself, but I was afraid it would take forever to figure out.

    BTW, I'm not sure why the url I posted didnn't work. Possibly because of the "…" in the middle of the url or possibly besause it didnt extend the underlining all the way to the end.

    Anyway, the hyperlink works, and now you can read the review, and so can everybody else.

    You're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete